This years event will be on September 10, 2022 in downtown Franklin, PA from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Visit our dedicated PetFest page for complete information and a food vendor application, which is due no later than May 1 , 2022.
Thank you to everyone who bought and sold pierogies—all 773 dozen of them! Because of the overwhelming support, Gosia’s Pierogies had to push production and delivery back one week.
Beginning Saturday, April 2, 2002, the pierogies will be available for pickup at the SNYP Clinic in Seneca. A PPAR volunteer will call you when your order has been sorted and is ready. Please be sure to bring a cooler or an appropriate container or bag to transport your frozen pierogies. Some ice packs will be available for those who need them.
Thanks again for your support! Here’s to pets and pierogies!
Thank you to everyone who donated this year! Precious Paws collected a whopping 108 bags of shoes for our 2020 shoe drive and raised nearly $1000 for our organization! Don’t forget that we collect shoes annually, so set aside what you don’t need that someone else could use, and help our organization raise some much needed funds!
Due to the urgent need of social distancing, effective immediately, the following procedures have been put in place for everyone’s safety:
- Non-emergent surgeries and elective appointments have been canceled until further notice. If you have an appointment already scheduled, we will call you to reschedule. Due to the uncertainty of the duration of the quarantines, we are not scheduling elective surgeries at this time.
- The SNYP veterinary clinic will remain open for illness and sick appointments. If your animal is ill or injured, please call the clinic at 814-676-8581 and speak to staff. Our hours of operation will be: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday from 8 AM until 6 PM. We are closed Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
- Should any of our employees become ill, we will close the facility to allow employees to focus on being well.
- Upon arrival for an appointment, please do NOT come into the facility, instead:
1. Call the clinic and a staff member will come out to get your pet, discuss your pet’s condition and get a number for you to be reached.
2. The vet will examine your pet, recommend a treatment plan, and contact you by phone as needed for authorization.
3. After treatment, your pet will be brought out to your car along with a copy of charges so you can pay your bill.
- Prescriptions will be filled – call the clinic at 814-676-8581 and tell us what you need. Prescriptions can be mailed to you, called into a pharmacy, or picked up.
- Please consider if your need is urgent. If it is not, we ask that you exercise discretion, stay home and be well.
Thank you for your understanding and your support. We are all in this together!
On February 10, 2020, Precious Paws opened its own full-service SNYP Clinic and Wellness Center, located at 3636 PA-257, Seneca, Pennsylvania (the former Nelson’s Animal Clinic). Hours of operation are 8:00 am – 6:00 pm with wellness exams available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and surgeries conducted Tuesday-Friday.
See our SNYP Clinic page for the latest offerings and pricing.
Precious Paws’ upcoming Craft Fair is Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Rocky Grove Fire Hall from 10:00 am-4:00pm. Everyone who brings a bag of cat or dog food, cat litter, a cleaning product, or provides a donation will receive a ticket for a chance to win a door price!
There will be lots of vendors and specialty products, as well as raffle baskets, food, baked goods, and a 50/50 drawing. A rabies and microchip clinic will also take place this day from 10:00 am-2:00 pm at a cost of $10.
The craft fair benefits Precious Paws Animal Rescue, the Oscar Fund, and the Spay Neuter Your Pet program.
If you would like to be a vendor, the fee is $25 per table and an application can be found at this link: PPAR March 2020 Craft Fair Vendor Application.
Want to help save more than 1 million cats? Over the span of 7 years, just one unspayed cat can produce nearly 5,000 offspring! An extremely generous local business has offered a **$5,000* matching fund for a spay fund to help curb the growing stray cat problem in the area. However, we must first raise $5,000 ourselves in order to receive the match. – that’s a total of $10,000!
We only have until October 1, 2019 to raise this money. Please donate today (via Facebook), or contact PPAR and make a donation directly to our organization. Thank you for your continued support, and help spread the word for PPAR!
On April 15, 2019, Precious Paws Animal Rescue was contacted by a woman who discovered 40 dogs living in a relative’s home in horrid conditions. Precious Paws removed the dogs over the course of 3 days. The ANNA Shelter from Erie, PA also assisted and took in 17 of the dogs. The other 23 were taken to Precious Paws.Continue reading Chihuahua Hoarding case
We are doing our RADA Knives Fundraiser again! We earn 40% from your total sales – they have great paring knives and their tomato slicer is awesome. Dip and dessert mixes are also excellent. Really low prices – less than $10 a knife. If you aren’t interested in purchasing, would you share with your friends and ask them to share? Just follow the link below to order right from their page. Thank you.
We’re very excited to see new animal laws in Pennsylvania, which will limit tethering (dogs tied outside 24×7), increase penalties for animal cruelty, protect horses, and offer protection from officials who report abuse. Kudos to the PA State Legislature and Governor Wolf for signing the bill into law. We’re very excited to see new animal laws in Pennsylvania, which will limit tethering (dogs tied outside 24×7), increase penalties for animal cruelty, protect horses, and offer protection from officials who report abuse. Kudos to the PA State Legislature and Governor Wolf for signing the bill into law.
You can see a more detailed graphic by visiting our Programs page and selecting Humane Society Police Officer.