Due to the urgent need of social distancing, effective immediately, the following procedures have been put in place for everyone’s safety:
- Non-emergent surgeries and elective appointments have been canceled until further notice. If you have an appointment already scheduled, we will call you to reschedule. Due to the uncertainty of the duration of the quarantines, we are not scheduling elective surgeries at this time.
- The SNYP veterinary clinic will remain open for illness and sick appointments. If your animal is ill or
injured, please call the clinic at 814-676-8581 and speak to staff. Our hours of operation will be: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday from 8 AM until 6 PM. We are closed Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
- Should any of our employees become ill, we will close the facility to allow employees to focus on being well.
- Upon arrival for an appointment, please do NOT come into the facility, instead:
1. Call the clinic and a staff member will come out to get your pet, discuss your pet’s condition and get a number for you to be reached.
2. The vet will examine your pet, recommend a treatment plan, and contact you by phone as needed for
3. After treatment, your pet will be brought out to your car along with a copy of charges so you can pay your bill.
- Prescriptions will be filled – call the clinic at 814-676-8581 and tell us what you need. Prescriptions
can be mailed to you, called into a pharmacy, or picked up.
- Please consider if your need is urgent. If it is not, we ask that you exercise discretion, stay home and
Thank you for your understanding and your support. We are all in this together!
On February 10, 2020, Precious Paws opened its own full-service SNYP Clinic and Wellness Center, located at 3636 PA-257, Seneca, Pennsylvania (the former Nelson’s Animal Clinic). Hours of operation are 8:00 am – 6:00 pm with wellness exams available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and surgeries conducted Tuesday-Friday.
Want to help save more than 1 million cats? Over the span of 7 years, just one unspayed cat can produce nearly 5,000 offspring! An extremely generous local business has offered a **$5,000* matching fund for a spay fund to help curb the growing stray cat problem in the area. However, we must first raise $5,000 ourselves in order to receive the match. – that’s a total of $10,000!
We only have until October 1, 2019 to raise this money. Please donate today (via Facebook), or contact PPAR and make a donation directly to our organization. Thank you for your continued support, and help spread the word for PPAR!
On April 15, 2019, Precious Paws Animal Rescue was contacted by a woman who discovered 40 dogs living in a relative’s home in horrid conditions. Precious Paws removed the dogs over the course of 3 days. The ANNA Shelter from Erie, PA also assisted and took in 17 of the dogs. The other 23 were taken to Precious Paws.
Continue reading Chihuahua Hoarding case
Marc Bekoff, Minding Animals
To All of Our Amazing Supporters:
You understand the important work we do at Precious Paws Animal Rescue, through our low cost Spay Neuter Your Pet (SNYP) program, the Oscar Fund and our adoption programs. And because you have a relationship with our organization and have been a supporter, we need your influence to help us reach an important goal.
On March 19th-23rd we will be participating in the Week of Giving, which is a collective philanthropy effort across the rural areas of Clarion, Forest, Punxsutawney and Venango counties.
Please follow along with us as we raise awareness for this important initiative, and raise awareness for our mission and needs. We have a goal of raising $5,000 during this week. We need your help to get us there.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Follow our social media pages on Facebook and Twitter. Comment on our posts and share our posts on your social channels.
2. Use your influence in person, via email or social media to encourage your network to consider a donation to our organization during this week. Let them know that you support us and why.
3. Make a donation to our organization during the Week of Giving on March 19-23 at www.bbcfgives.org. Your donation will be prorated through Bridge Builders Community Foundations match fund. If we are successful in meeting our goal we might also win additional cash and prize packages beneficial to our mission for the most individual donations and the largest grand total raised.
Let’s give together, so we can win together.
Theresa Weldon, President
Precious Paws Animal Rescue
We’re very excited to see new animal laws in Pennsylvania, which will limit tethering (dogs tied outside 24×7), increase penalties for animal cruelty, protect horses, and offer protection from officials who report abuse. Kudos to the PA State Legislature and Governor Wolf for signing the bill into law. We’re very excited to see new animal laws in Pennsylvania, which will limit tethering (dogs tied outside 24×7), increase penalties for animal cruelty, protect horses, and offer protection from officials who report abuse. Kudos to the PA State Legislature and Governor Wolf for signing the bill into law.
You can see a more detailed graphic by visiting our Programs page and selecting Humane Society Police Officer.
Dear Friends, Supporters, and Clients – we come to you asking for help today as we find ourselves in need of some assistance. The generous owner of our building we lease for SNYP has decided she will be semi-retiring in a few months. Because she is also a volunteer and supporter of Precious Paws, she has offered us the building at a very fair price, but it is still a price we cannot afford without help from the community. Because we only offer clinics one day per week, and we keep our costs down as low as we can, we cannot qualify for a mortgage for the full building asking price. We are trying to raise $85,000 for Precious Paws to purchase the building SNYP is located in. Continue reading Help SNYP Continue to Help Animals