This years event will be on September 10, 2022 in downtown Franklin, PA from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Visit our dedicated PetFest page for complete information and a food vendor application, which is due no later than May 1 , 2022.
All posts by PPAR
Pierogi Fundraiser Garners $2700!
Thank you to everyone who bought and sold pierogies—all 773 dozen of them! Because of the overwhelming support, Gosia’s Pierogies had to push production and delivery back one week.
Beginning Saturday, April 2, 2002, the pierogies will be available for pickup at the SNYP Clinic in Seneca. A PPAR volunteer will call you when your order has been sorted and is ready. Please be sure to bring a cooler or an appropriate container or bag to transport your frozen pierogies. Some ice packs will be available for those who need them.
Thanks again for your support! Here’s to pets and pierogies!
Craft Fair benefit on May 15, 2021
A craft fair benefiting Precious Paws, the Oscar Fund, and Spay Neuter Your Pet (SNYP), will be held May 15, 2021 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm at the Seneca Volunteer Fire Department (3494 PA-257, Seneca, PA 16346).
Everyone who brings a bag of dog or cat food, cat litter, a cleaning product, or gives a donation at the door will receive a ticket for a chance to win a door prize. There will also be a 50/50 drawing, food, photography, and attendees are welcome to bring their dogs
Please note: all attendees must wear a mask!
If you are interested in being a vendor at the craft fair, the fee is $25 per table. Due to COVID restrictions, we can only accept 30 vendors at this time. Applicants may download an application here at this link. Please call PPAR if you have any questions at: 814-671-9827.
2020 Shoe Collection
Thank you to everyone who donated this year! Precious Paws collected a whopping 108 bags of shoes for our 2020 shoe drive and raised nearly $1000 for our organization! Don’t forget that we collect shoes annually, so set aside what you don’t need that someone else could use, and help our organization raise some much needed funds!
PLEASE READ REGARDING COVID-19
Due to the urgent need of social distancing, effective immediately, the following procedures have been put in place for everyone’s safety:
- Non-emergent surgeries and elective appointments have been canceled until further notice. If you have an appointment already scheduled, we will call you to reschedule. Due to the uncertainty of the duration of the quarantines, we are not scheduling elective surgeries at this time.
- The SNYP veterinary clinic will remain open for illness and sick appointments. If your animal is ill or injured, please call the clinic at 814-676-8581 and speak to staff. Our hours of operation will be: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday from 8 AM until 6 PM. We are closed Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.
- Should any of our employees become ill, we will close the facility to allow employees to focus on being well.
- Upon arrival for an appointment, please do NOT come into the facility, instead:
1. Call the clinic and a staff member will come out to get your pet, discuss your pet’s condition and get a number for you to be reached.
2. The vet will examine your pet, recommend a treatment plan, and contact you by phone as needed for authorization.
3. After treatment, your pet will be brought out to your car along with a copy of charges so you can pay your bill.
- Prescriptions will be filled – call the clinic at 814-676-8581 and tell us what you need. Prescriptions can be mailed to you, called into a pharmacy, or picked up.
- Please consider if your need is urgent. If it is not, we ask that you exercise discretion, stay home and be well.
Thank you for your understanding and your support. We are all in this together!
Precious paws opens clinic in seneca
On February 10, 2020, Precious Paws opened its own full-service SNYP Clinic and Wellness Center, located at 3636 PA-257, Seneca, Pennsylvania (the former Nelson’s Animal Clinic). Hours of operation are 8:00 am – 6:00 pm with wellness exams available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and surgeries conducted Tuesday-Friday.
See our SNYP Clinic page for the latest offerings and pricing.
Let’s raise $10K !
Want to help save more than 1 million cats? Over the span of 7 years, just one unspayed cat can produce nearly 5,000 offspring! An extremely generous local business has offered a **$5,000* matching fund for a spay fund to help curb the growing stray cat problem in the area. However, we must first raise $5,000 ourselves in order to receive the match. – that’s a total of $10,000!
We only have until October 1, 2019 to raise this money. Please donate today (via Facebook), or contact PPAR and make a donation directly to our organization. Thank you for your continued support, and help spread the word for PPAR!
Chihuahua Hoarding case
On April 15, 2019, Precious Paws Animal Rescue was contacted by a woman who discovered 40 dogs living in a relative’s home in horrid conditions. Precious Paws removed the dogs over the course of 3 days. The ANNA Shelter from Erie, PA also assisted and took in 17 of the dogs. The other 23 were taken to Precious Paws.Continue reading Chihuahua Hoarding case
"Animals are not property or "things" but rather living organisms, subjects of a life, who are worthy of our compassion, respect, friendship, and support."
Marc Bekoff, Minding Animals
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught."